Friday, February 1, 2013

How lucky am I...

I'm sitting on the couch in the living room. Watching over my little's as they play and got to thinking how lucky I am.  This is especially poignant in my mind right now because a close friend had to make the tough decision recently to go back to work.  As tough as this was for her I know it was made easier with the knowledge that it is her husband who will now be home to care for their children.  This is not an option for a lot a people and in those cases there are people like me.  People like me who are lucky enough to have been chosen to watch over other Mommy and Daddy's little's.

  Today in just this past 30 minutes I have:

Watched Baby Girl (Who I have decided I will call Blue Eyes now because lets face it she just isn't a baby any more.) learn that the cat who she absolutely adores will let her pet him if she doesn't chase him and strokes him very gently.  Upon discovering this I was treated to her delighted squeals as she looked at me with the expression clearly saying "Suz are you witnessing this he's letting me pet him, whoopee."

Watched Smiley maneuver himself all over the room with the "almost" crawl I refer to as the "scoot crawl".  He then almost pulled himself up on the bouncy seat to get a closer look at the toys attached to the cross bar. I know in a matter of weeks there will be no stopping him.

Enjoyed feeding Wiggle and watch him slowly slide into the "milk coma" as his whole body relaxed and seemed to melt into mine.  No matter how many years I've been doing this that NEVER GETS OLD.

Oh yes, I am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment